skip to Main Content

Temporary Graduation (485) Visa

The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. Students are only able to access the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) once as a primary applicant.

Graduate Work stream

For international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to some occupations.

Please refer to 16 eligible occupations which are indicated via ‘** asterisks’ on

A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.

Post-Study Work stream

For international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.

Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa

Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) has been replaced with the completely new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa.

Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa allows skilled workers to come to Aust​ralia and work for an approved business for up to:

  • Medium Term Streaem 

four years after it is granted – if your occupation is listed on the

  • Short Term Stream

two years after it is granted – if your occupation is not listed on the MLTSSL.

You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.

This visa will allow you to apply for a permanent residency visa, Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186).

Back To Top